It’s been nine long months, and now you have a wonderful sweet baby to hold, cuddle and love. With this sweet new bundle of joy comes a new schedule. This may include less time to focus on your own health. But this is when it is most important to find an exercise program that is gentle, while providing you with enough of a challenge.
Yoga may be something you’ve never practiced, or you could be a committed Yogi. And Baby Yoga is a wonderful way to get you back on the path to health and wellness. Baby Yoga is a wonderful bonding activity for you and your baby.
Here are some benefits of Baby Yoga.
1. It’s a great way to ease your way back into your Yoga Practice. Baby Yoga is not like high level Yoga Practices. It takes into account the changes your body has been through. The programs focus on working with your changing and recovering body.
2. It is wonderful for your emotional well being. Bringing home baby is an exciting event in your life. But it also comes with stress and can be overwhelming. Baby Yoga helps to nourish and care for both your mind and body, with wonderful stretches, and breathing exercises.
3. It can be a great bonding experience for you and your baby. Baby Yoga programs focus on both baby, Mom and Dad. The traditional yoga poses are modified so that Mom can hold and rock her baby while doing their practice.
4. Baby Yoga may help Baby sleep better. These Yoga programs provide just enough stimulation for your baby, that may help them sleep for longer periods of time.
5. You will find a community of New Moms and Dads . This is a wonderful time to meet with other Moms and Dads who are going through similar life changing experiences.
There are classes available all over Canada, join one today! Namaste